Thursday, April 28, 2016

21st Birthday Celebrations

Great things happen with great love

That's a saying which I will totally agree, and if you're living with me, I'm sure you will too. 


Just 4 days before my actually birthday, I got to have an early birthday celebration with some of my closest family and friends. It was all planned and organised by my family, without me knowing the details. However, I accidentally found out it was a Korea themed party. It would have been better if I didn't know about it but nevertheless, it was still a surprisingly awesome party. Look at that birthday cake, it's so suitable for the theme right?! All thanks to my mum and sister for making it (*hmm* cake orders can be taken if you contact me - i'll give you special offers! *wink*) 

One thing I regretted, is not taking enough photos of the whole night, the decoration, the food, just everything in general, but it is forever imprinted in my heart for sure. Not to mention the aunties who made the efforts of squeezing the juice out of the fruit to make us soothing drinks, mum who spent all day preparing the food, the ones that set up the patio and decoration and those that even managed to sing me 'Happy Birthday' in Korean (and yes, they were pretty good)! I can't thank God enough for all these amazing people around me.

I was 'forced' to get a photo taken on myself with all of the gifts I received on me. The background is the decoration that they've prepared (which was supposed to be outside in the backyard but got blown down by the wind).

Some photos taken for the night.The first one with me hugging a baby boy (awkwardly as usual) and a couple, these two great persons have witnessed me grow over the past 6 years, I guess it's really my turn to see their son grow now. Then it's me with another couple and their cute daughter - another couple who have accompanied me for the last 6 years in Brisbane. Follow by a selfie of me with my closest course-mate and her husband which I do consider as my friends as well. I am not sure how we got so close, but uni life will be completely different without her. The another two collages are just a 'summary' of all the instant photos taken that night. Last one is a group photo of us all with a few missing faces.



















Then I got another surprise celebration with another lovely family. Since I have to live away from home due to my placement, I am thankful to have this family who are willing to take me in for a whole 3 months. YC made me a cake despite her busy schedule. It was a simple dinner but I am truly touched by the Quek's thoughtfulness and love for me.

God puts specific people into our life, to help us, to mold us, to shape us, to make us who we are, but most importantly, to grow with us, to fight for the gospel of Kingdom with us and to enjoy in the grace and joy from God to us.

If you ask me the one and only wish that I prayed for my 21st birthday, it has to be for my closest friends and you, to come to know Christ and receive the greatest love that has ever existed. 




John 3:16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 约翰福音 3:16神愛世人,甚至把他的獨生子賜給他們,叫一切信他的,不至滅亡,反得永生。



No comments:

Post a Comment